"And we talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophesies, that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins." - 2 Nephi 25:26
Friday, February 22, 2013
The Big Plan
Isaac drew this map for a talk that he gave in Primary. The theme for the month was, "I am a Child of God and He has a Plan for Me." Since someone else had already explained the basics (and drawn a map) of the Plan of Salvation a week earlier, Isaac decided to go into more detail about what Heavenly Father expects of us on earth. I love that his pathway goes full circle. It starts in heaven and ends there too. I am impressed with his understanding of the gospel and what it all means. There is a bigger picture at play here and Isaac's talk was a wonderful reminder of that. He did a fantastic job describing each important ordinance and event throughout a person's life. When he was finished he said, "And this whole thing is all part of Heavenly Father's big plan." I am grateful for the big plan. I am glad to know where I came from - where we all came from, and where we are all trying to go. It doesn't matter so much where we are on that path, but rather what direction we're headed. I am also grateful for children who understand the plan of salvation and remind me daily that life is short. . . but it is important and meaningful. And come what may, in the end, it will all be worth it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment