Every year our Primary puts on a little Christmas Nativity program at an assisted living center in our neighborhood. Every year I have written up the program, printed folded, and stapled a hundred copies, gathered costumes, stressed about instruments (one year I put together a children's string quartet as part of the program which required a lot more practicing than I anticipated), and worried about the way my own kids would notoriously behave. (wrestling matches during the program, costumes worn purposely backwards or upside down, etc.) It's kind of stressful. But always worth it. Every year, we have enjoyed singing for the residents there. We always leave with full hearts and happy faces. My children, despite their antics, love the experience of meeting, sharing, connecting and feeling appreciated. These dear people love the children. They look forward to them coming all year.
So this year we decided, not to make them wait until Christmas, that we'd do an Easter program for them as well. (We actually did two, at two different assisted living centers.)
Here's the program:
Everyone's favorite song was "He is Risen" arranged by Melanie Hoffman.
Here's the program:
Everyone's favorite song was "He is Risen" arranged by Melanie Hoffman.
Easter
Program
Tell Me the Stories of Jesus (p. 57)
Tell me the stories
of Jesus I love to hear,
Things I would ask
him to tell me if he were here.
Scenes by the
wayside, tales of the sea,
Stories of Jesus,
tell them to me.
Moroni 10:32
Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness. . . and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his grace sufficient for you, that by his grace ye may be perfect in Christ.
John 3:16
For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not
perish, but have everlasting life.
He Sent His Son (p. 34)
How could the Father
tell the world of love and tenderness?
He sent his Son, a
newborn babe, with peace and holiness.
How could the Father
show the world the pathway we should go?
He sent his Son to
walk with men on earth, that we may know.
How could the Father
tell the world of sacrifice, of death?
He sent his Son to
die for us and rise with living breath.
What does the Father
ask of us? What do the scriptures say?
Have faith, have
hope, live like his Son, help others on their way.
What does he ask?
Live like his Son.
John 11:25-26
Jesus said, I am the
resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet
shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.
Did Jesus Really Live Again? (p. 64)
Did Jesus really live
again?
Yes, when the third
day came,
He wakened and he
left the tomb;
He called Mary's
name.
Did Jesus come to
those he loved?
Yes, people touched
his feet,
And of the fish and
honeycomb
He did truly eat.
And there were
nail-prints in his hands
And a spear wound in
his side.
Did Jesus really live
again?
After he had died? Oh
yes! And so shall I!
1 Peter 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of
our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us
again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
Matthew 28:5-6
And the angel answered and said,
Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen.
He is Risen
He is risen! He is
risen!
Tell it out with
joyful voice.
He has burst his
three days' prison;
Let the whole wide
earth rejoice.
Death is conquered;
man is free.
Christ has won the
victory.
Job 19:25
For I know that my redeemer
liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth
1 Nephi 22:25
And he gathereth his children
from the four quarters of the earth; and he numbereth his sheep, and they know
him; and there shall be one fold and one shepherd; and he shall feed his sheep,
and in him they shall find pasture.
Beautiful Savior (p. 62)
Fair is the sunshine,
Fairer the moonlight
And all the stars in
heav'n above;
Jesus shines
brighter,
Jesus shines purer
And brings to all the
world his love.
Fair are the meadows,
Fairer the woodlands,
Robed in the flowers
of blooming spring;
Jesus is fairer,
Jesus is purer.
He makes the
sorrowing spirit sing.
Beautiful Savior!
Lord of the nations!
Son of God and Son of
Man!
Thee will I honor,
praise, and give glory,
Give praise and glory
evermore!
2 Nephi 25:26
And we talk of Christ, we rejoice
in Christ, we preach of Christ, we prophesy of Christ, and we write according
to our prophecies, that our children may know to what source they may look for
a remission of their sins.
I Know that My Savior Loves Me
A long time
ago in a beautiful place,
children were gathered ‘round Jesus
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on his knee,
children were gathered ‘round Jesus
He blessed and taught as they felt of His love.
Each saw the tears on His face.
The love that He felt for His little ones
I know He feels for me.
I did not touch Him or sit on his knee,
Yet Jesus
is real to me.
I know he lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.
I know he lives!
I will follow faithfully.
My heart I give to Him.
I know that my Savior loves me.
No comments:
Post a Comment