Thursday, March 21, 2013

Easter Week

 

**Updated**
I finally organized my pictures and scriptures for Easter week.  Instead of haphazardly rummaging through my Gospel Art Kit last minute and trying to piece together Christ's last week by reading (slogging) through all the Gospels on the spot as my kids die of boredom, I finally simplified my system to one easy poster each day.  The scriptures I listed cover all the most interesting parts of the Easter story but the length of reading is still doable with our busy schedule.  I look forward to following Christ's final week again with the kids this year, starting on Palm Sunday.  I think we'll also try something new and watch the Bible Videos throughout the week.  
Happy Easter!




   



3 comments:

AmyCurtis said...

Thank you for this! My kids are still very young, but this makes a daily little lesson about Easter so do-able for them! Thank you, thank you for letting me leach off of your efforts (and be edified by them as well, of course!) Thanks! -Amy Curtis (I am Jessica's Sister-in-Law, by the way =)

Emily said...

Oh I'm glad to share! Jess told me she passed the link on. I noticed a typo tonight - For Day 3, it should say Matthew chapter 25 (not 24). I just changed it so the picture that is up right now is correct. Sorry about that.

Emily said...

Gahh! More typos. So much for simplifying my scripture reading this year! Okay, all the pictures posted right now are correct. I fixed Day 4, Day 5, and I added a scripture on Day 8.

This year was the trial run. At least it's all set for next year.