Clayton has been really interested in fossils lately and bones. He was looking through a National Geographic with some ancient animal skeletons and came across some bones that looked broken. He was very concerned about the broken bones and I couldn't understand why. He kept asking if people's bones brake when they die. He seemed really worried. Finally he asked about the resurrection and if people will be resurrected with broken bones. I explained that our bodies will be perfect when we are resurrected. We won't be sick or hurt. Things that are not perfect about our bodies now will be fixed and perfect when we are resurrected.
A few days later Clayton asked me if I remembered when Grandma K. fell and hurt herself a few days before Christmas. I knew she fell but I didn't know Clayton was right there when it happened. He said she was going to get him some water and she lost her balance (a symptom of her MS) and fell into the laundry rack. He wondered why grown-ups sometimes cry. I explained that her body is sick and doesn't always work the way it should. I explained that it's very frustrating for her.
That night as Clayton was going to bed he sighed and said, "I can't wait for Jesus to come! I bet Grandma K. will be so happy to be resurrected and have a perfect body again."
He gets it. I am amazed at the understanding and seemingly mature insight of children sometimes. I'm such a lucky mother - not only to have the comforting knowledge of the gospel in my own life but wonderful children to teach and share it with.
1 comment:
Did you send this to Grandma K? She would love to read that sweet story :)
Post a Comment