Sunday, November 24, 2013

Advent Calendar

Last year we did this advent calendar to mark each day leading up to Christmas.  I printed out pictures from the Gospel Art Kit to go along with each of the scriptures.  It was so fun to see our pantry doors fill up with pictures of Christ's life (beginning with the Isaiah prophecies and ending with his appearance to Joseph Smith in the Sacred Grove) throughout the month of December. It captured the perspective I want my children to understand about Christmas.  And that is that Christmas is not just about a baby.  It's about who that baby was and is and why he is important to us.  And not just important, but that Christ is everything to us. Reading these scriptures everyday and following these stories from Christ's life with my children was a powerful experience for me. I can't wait to do it again this year. (thankfully I saved all the pictures from last year - I just need to get some more stickers and it's already to go.)
Here's the chart we used.  It can also be found at sugardoodle.net

No comments: