Sunday, August 25, 2013

Scripture Power

Here are a few of my favorite scripture reading charts.  No matter how old I get, I still like marking our progress on a chart.
This is the one Isaac used when he read the Book of Mormon before his baptism. I love the picture of the Nephite children holding to the rod.  It's a little chaotic though as a scripture marking chart - hard to figure what to color and what not to each time.
This is my favorite Book of Mormon chart.  It's straight forward and can fit perfectly as a book mark. 
This is one I designed myself.  Our family is using it right now for our "100 days of scripture reading" challenge.  We each keep a copy in our own scriptures and mark off the 100 days as we go. It can be used for any scripture reading (not just Book of Mormon).  It can also be used as a book mark and checked off each time you read (not just when you finish a chapter).  We're all loving this one.
This is the first Book of Mormon reading chart I used when I read it with the kids.  It took us a long long time to complete (years!)  but out of the several charts I've seen similar to this, this one is my favorite.  I love the quote.  I love the layout.  I'm sure I'll be using it again.
Here's a picture I took in February 2011 when we finished reading the whole Book of Mormon together for the first time.
“I feel certain that if, in our homes, parents will read from the Book of Mormon prayerfully and regularly, both by themselves and with their children, the spirit of that great book will come to permeate our homes and all who dwell therein. The spirit of reverence will increase; mutual respect and consideration for each other will grow. The spirit of contention will depart. Parents will counsel their children in greater love and wisdom. Children will be more responsive and submissive to the counsel of their parents. Righteousness will increase. Faith, hope, and charity—the pure love of Christ—will abound in our homes and lives, bringing in their wake peace, joy, and happiness”
- Marion G. Romney (May 1980)

How can we afford not to read it?

No comments: